Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mas ITBS!




We're finally on our last day of testing! Yes! Now if we could actually get a straight week of pure instructional time. The other 4th grade teachers and myself feel like we're caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place due to all this testing. I think we've only had one actual week of normal scheduling in eight so far.




Procedures and routines are so important for most kids. Some can roll with the punches, but I can tell you that not having well established schedules creates a lot of problems in terms of getting the curriculum done. We are behind the pacing guidelines for Georgia because we have had numerous tests and "burnt days" as I like to call them, i.e. picture day. My lead teacher always told me to watch out for behavior problems on these type of days. Was he ever right!




We'll be going headlong into our unit on Native Americans next week, even though we'll only probably have a couple of "normal" days. You can catch this week's running writing that will be due October 10.


Here's a KWL from one of our sections...


















No comments: